If you are still familiar with the fundamentals, learning a new language or even operating a new vehicle can become complex and confusing. Similar to this, there are some considerations you should make if you enjoy riding bikes. Accidents may occur if you need help understanding bike riding fundamentals. Therefore, in this article, let us explain what to consider when riding a bike for the first time.
The following are some guidelines you should follow if this is your first time riding a bike:
- Learn About The Different Aspects Of The Bike: Before you start riding a bike, it’s essential to understand its different features. For instance, you must be familiar with the bike’s various components, including the throttle, clutch, brake, and gear shift levers. You must be aware of where these components are and what they do. To learn how to ride a bike effectively, you must also be familiar with the ignition switch, dash, and other components.
- Keep All The Paperwork Handy: You must carry several documents while riding a bike on Indian roads. These papers may include a Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance policy, a pollution under certificate, and a bike registration certificate. Make sure you buy bike insurance online and renew it on time.
- Do Not Ride With More Than One Passenger: Never forget that there should only be one passenger along with the rider, regardless of whether it is your first or second time riding a motorbike. This is because the likelihood of an accident increases if you have more than two passengers in your vehicle.
- Never Go Without A Helmet: Both experienced and novice bike riders must wear helmets when using Indian roads. When riding a motorcycle, you must always wear a helmet to protect yourself from traffic accidents. In addition, you will face steep fines if you are caught riding a bike without a helmet. Additionally, both the rider and the backseat passenger must wear helmets.
- Do Not Ride Without A Valid Two-Wheeler Driving Licence: Even if you intend to ride a bike for the first time, you must always ensure you have a valid two-wheeler driving licence. It’s crucial to realise that you will be fined if you are caught driving without a valid licence.
- Observe All Traffic Regulations: The road rules must be followed when riding a bike on Indian roads. Never disregard traffic lights, and always drive according to them. Additionally, avoid tailgating at all costs and keep a safe distance from other vehicles on the
Don’t Drink And Drive:
It’s imperative to emphasize that under no circumstances should you ride a bike under the influence of alcohol. Driving under the influence poses severe risks to your safety and the safety of others on the road. Always prioritize responsible and sober riding.
When learning to ride a bike for the first time, you must never forget the tips above. Remember to purchase Bajaj Allianz’s two-wheeler insurance policy as well; per the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, having third-party bike insurance is required. Make a comparison of the different two-wheeler insurance Bajaj Allianz prices before you buy one. You can also buy add-ons like personal accident cover in bike insurance for more protection and safety while riding. *
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!
*Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.